Quantcast

Saturday, December 03, 2011

It's Christmas Season


Do you still leave cookies and milk for Santa under the tree? That's what the Christmas spirit is all about isn't it? It about faith. Faith in God, faith in life, love, happiness, friendship, forgiveness. The time of the year when you let go of all your grudges. A season to decorate, not only the Christmas tree but your life.

To be very honest with you, the Christmas season began from the beginning of December and continued till the end of January. It started with Christmas shopping, you know the usual drill, winter wear, Christmas trees, ingredients to bake cakes, Christmas cards, gifts and loads of other happiness which came in gift wraps.

We used to decorate our home with colorful ribbons, balloons, ornate the Christmas tree with stars, angels. The whole house used to remain buzzing with the aroma of freshly baked cakes. Finally waiting for the gala day.
I bet you used to believe in Santa once, didn't you? I did too, when it was actually my parents who left gifts and goodies beside my bed. I used to wake up at the middle of the night to check what have I got this year, I am a very impatient man you see. Once I ogled at everything I used to go off to sleep once again only to wake up in the morning to go to the Church.

After coming back from the Church I used to get busy with my story books or my computer, playing games. Playing Christmas Carols on the tape players, and later the computer, which was one of the things that we bought during the Christmas shopping. The fun of playing the Christmas Carols is that it takes the tiredness out of you with its cheerful melody. From Jim Reeves telling us about how he dreams of a white Christmas to Bon Jovi chasing Rudolph all over the shopping mall, it used to be amazing.

By the afternoon I used to start feeling restless for lunch, because on Christmas everything was prepared as per my culinary preferences. Being an eternal Chikeniterian (or am I am Biriyanite, its debatable you know), we used to prepare chicken curry which was served with mutton pulao, salad, a vegetable side dish (which was always duly omitted by me) and in the end another of my favorite, meetha dahi (sweet curd).

By the time it was evening, we were all exhausted. At times we visited our relatives, at times they visited us. This continued till late night and then it was all over, a year of awaiting ended in a day and thus began the wait for this Christmas day for the year to come. Well, the New Year party still remained.

A lot of things have changed since. We have become busy with our career and other engagements. And we often don't get enough time to spend for shopping, decorating our home et al. But the spirit of Christmas remains the same. Let's be jolly this Christmas season. Remember its a Ho Ho Ho season.


17 Comment:

George said...

I enjoy the christmas Season. Thanks for nice sharing to Christmas.
Regards
George

Athena said...

I like your post. =) Christmas is coming soon, and I'm quite excited. I really can feel the "Christmas Spirit" when on mass of the 24th with the family or even just by myself. I'm looking forward to that.

conference merchandise said...

Your post is a good read. It brings back childhood memories when the family would gather around to decorate the tree. We would all wait for the clock to strike 12 midnight celebrating Christmas and start opening our gifts. Now we all have our own families and somehow we have not been seeing each other as much as we want to. I hope that this Christmas we could all be together to celebrate the holidays just like we used to.

Diamond Engagement Rings said...

Christmas is coming soon some times.I ready for shopping on those Christmas. I was purchased a one Loose Diamonds.on those Christmas.

classifieds said...

Hi there, You have done an excellent job. I will definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm sure they'll be benefited from this site. Many thanks,Regards,classifieds

ban terbaik said...

happy

Website Name said...

I have passed a excellent Christmas with my family.

--------------------------------
Visit website Hosting and IT Information

TV-replay said...

This was the best Christmas ever!

Free ebooks download said...

wow! it's so beautiful Christmas. I hope i can appear there!

Online Chemist UK said...

Christmas is one of the most excited and delightful celebration for me. I fully planned to celebrate Christmas with my friends. But unfortunately my grandfather had passed away since 20 DEC due to this I can’t celebrate this Christmas.

Quit smoking Products said...

I enjoyed this Christmas season with my friends in hostel. It is really a sacred occasion for me. Christmas season is highlight of the year. I want to celebrate my next Christmas season in Hong Kong with my family.

Website Name said...

Nice Post!


Movie

Katy Jones said...

christmas is the best time in the year! i adore its warm atmosphere!! Eminem albums

essaycapital review said...

Thank you so much for this valuable one

term-paper-writer review said...

Your article is truly relevant to my study at this moment, and I am really happy I discovered your website.

ford for sale said...

This is just the information I am finding everywhere.Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right.Thanks for the information you post. I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.

catofashionsonline.co.uk said...

This is a great inspiring Article.I am pretty much pleased with your good Work.You put really very helpful information ..

Post a Comment

Blog comment guideline