Quantcast

Sunday, May 01, 2011

About Me

rajtilak bhattacharjee


A Dreamer, a Poet and an Ordinary Human Being!

I am a Blogger from Calcutta, the City of Joy. Currently I am working in PriceWaterhouseCooper Pvt Ltd with their Branding team. A little bit about the organization I am working with.

PwC (officially PricewaterhouseCoopers) is a global professional services firm headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the world's second-largest professional services firm (after Deloitte) and one of the "Big Four" accountancy firms.

It has offices in 757 cities across 154 countries and employs over 161,000 people. It had total revenues of $26.6 billion in 2010, of which $13 billion was generated by its Assurance practice, $7 billion by its Tax practice and $6 billion by its Advisory practice.

The firm was formed in 1998 by a merger between Price Waterhouse and Coopers & Lybrand. The trading name was shortened to PwC in September 2010 as part of a major rebranding exercise.

As of 2010 it was the seventh-largest privately-owned organisation in the United States.

History

The firm was created by the merger of two large firms, Price Waterhouse and Coopers & Lybrand in 1998. These two firms each have histories dating back to the nineteenth century.

Price Waterhouse

Samuel Lowell Price, an accountant, started his practice in London in 1849. In 1865 Price went into partnership with William Hopkins Holyland and Edwin Waterhouse. Holyland left shortly after to work alone in accountancy and the firm was known from 1874 as Price, Waterhouse & Co. (The comma was dropped from the name much later.) The original partnership agreement, signed by Price, Holyland and Waterhouse could be found in Southwark Towers, one of PwC's important legacy offices (now demolished and is the new site for the Shard London Bridge) in London.

I have been blogging for more than 5 years now. A thing which started off as a hobby to display my poems and other writeup have grown into a full blown profession for me over the years.

Apart from working with PwC, I freelance as a content writer, I make customized blogger templates and I also help a few websites to leverage the power of online marketing.

Feel free to contact me if you need help with any of the above, or you can simply drop in a line. I would love to hear from you.

[Description above from the Wikipedia article PwC, licensed under CC-BY-SA, full list of contributors here. For quite a while this page has been the About Me page for this blog, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since the time I wrote it. So this post from now on would be the official About Me page for The Chronicles of R.]


6 Comment:

Taylor Swift Albums said...

nice to meet you!

volvo for sale said...

This is just the information I am finding everywhere.Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right.Thanks for the information you post. I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.

eu cigs com said...

Thanks for the tips and the information

eu cigs com said...

Thanks for the tips and the information

fashionsites.co.uk said...

You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog.

www.easybabyshopping.com said...

nice post I like this.

Post a Comment

Blog comment guideline